Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Time to challenge myself

I feel like I have to make a change. I am stuck in the same boring routine, repetitive and tedious, every day I feel like I waste so much of my life. What are my long term goals, my short term goals? How do I begin to start a different routine? I know in the back of my mind that it takes time. It takes time to work on a different routine and become successful at it. My problem is that I always want things now. I always feel that if I just think up the most perfect idea, that I will have it done by tomorrow, and by the next day I'll be making money like crazy off it. That is not how life works unfortunately. It takes time to work on my creative, it takes time to build skills, it takes time to find a new routine or hobby, it takes time to be stable and successful in life. What I need is a challenge. I need to challenge myself.

Here are a few beneficial sites I found about challenging myself:

30 Challenges for 30 Days
10 Ways to Challenge Yourself 
How to Change Your Life in a Day

I will try to find some more inspirational works to post, as well as any changes I make to my life.

 If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place −Nora Roberts




On a similar note, a life coach can allow you to see the possibilities inside yourself. Life coaches use a psychological theory called NLP or Neuro-linguistic Programming to reprogram how someone thinks about the world. I thought this was interesting, especially about how it can be applied. Whenever I find myself thinking in a biased way, I sometimes go through a conscious re-examining of my thought process. I think, why am I biased about this? What in my past history influenced this thought? Is that really how things are in reality? How do other people think about the same subject? How can I think about this differently? While my anthropologistic training has provided insight and consciousness to this process, I never thought about it as a strategy that can be used when re-examining my own life and my biases towards my own life. The information provided on this site puts a psychological name to the process and made me realize different ways of thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment