I would just like to rant for a little bit as I am angry!! I haven't been to the eye doctor for a year and they will not fill my prescription for contacts until I go back there and pay them $80. This is so messed up. I know that my prescription is the same as it has been working for me everyday. I don't need a fucking "doctor" to write that on a piece of paper.
As far as the contacts go, the last time I was there they talked me into these horrible contacts. Acuve Advance Plus. I ordered a year's worth of contacts and they only lasted me 6 months. Let me tell you about these Acuve Advance Plus so that you don't waste your money.
First, the first day they are fine, as long as you don't wear them too much. By the first day, when you go to take them out, you notice that they have attracted bits of your eyeliner, so they are spotted with dust and eyeliner.
Then, the second day you try to get the smudges of eyeliner off the contacts, and it comes off but leaves a streak of oil residue on the lenses that won't come of, and that is if you don't scratch the heck out of them trying to get the eyeliner off. The second day you are walking around with blurry lenses.
By the third day, there is so much dust and eyeliner stuck to these contacts that it is unbearable how blurry and uncomfortable they are. On the fourth day, you need to change them or else they annoy you to no end.
That is about how long these contacts will last. You are supposed to be able to wear each contact for two weeks. The longest I've gone with these Acuve Advance Plus is 5 DAYS! They are horrible, do not ever buy them!!
Instead, Acuve Oasys with Hydroclear and Acuve 2 have worked really well for me. These contacts can last up to three or four weeks, even though they are designed to last two weeks. They never attract dust particles and eyeliner smudges. I throw them out when they get a scratch in them which is rare. One box of these, 6 contacts have lasted me 5 months!!
Okay, I have gotten my rant out and my critique on what I believe is a waste of money. Now to go to the eye doctor and give them a whole night's worth of earnings for them to tell me what I already know.
No comments:
Post a Comment